What is irony ? what is irony in figure of speech?
Irony is a figure of speech in which words are used in such a way that their intended meaning is opposite or different from the actual words or intended communication. Like a thin guy yelling at someone “ Don’t you see the hulk coming in your way? Or a short 5 ft man telling his 7 ft friend “you need to grow taller in life to not take my help”
There are three types of literary irony
It is when words express something contrary to truth or someone says the opposite of what they really feel or mean. Verbal irony is often sarcastic. It is an intentional product of the speaker, and is contradictory to his/her emotions and actions. Like in one of our article we had written a article on trump visit and we are requesting readers not to satire trump.
speakers communicate implied propositions that are intentionally contradictory to the propositions contained in the words themselves.
They are a are a form of verbal irony where a speaker intends to communicate the opposite of what they mean. For instance, the following explicit similes begin with the deceptive formation of a statement that means A but that eventually conveys the meaning not A:as soft as concrete,as clear as mud ,as pleasant as a root canal
Types of Verbal Irony
Sarcasm sarcasm means using irony to make fun of someone. or as an insult. In most cases it literally means saying something but meaning the exact opposite. ,Exaggeration or Overstatement,Understatement The other situational irony we used in one of our article is Christina koch return to earth . We exagggerated her orbital rotations in space to her rounds of hospital.
Examples of verbal irony are Looking at her son’s messy room, Maria says, “Wow, you will be the cleanliness head of your college !” 2.On the way to school, a car owner gets a flat tire and the driver says, “Excellent! This day couldn’t start off any better! 3. In Beauty and the Beast, an animated Disney movie, Belle refuses to marry Gas. ton by saying “I just don’t deserve you!”
The second type of irony is situational irony. This is used when a situation does not have the outcome which was expected in the first instance.
Some Examples of Situational Irony
- A fire fighter dies in a fire.
This is unexpected because one would assume the fire chief would keep hisself safe.
- A doctor is suffering from fever This is ironic because the expectation is that a doctor who treats ailment will keep himself safe.
- The police station gets robbed.
Professionals would be able to help themselves; in this case, by securing their own station.
- A post on social media complaining how useless social media is.
This is ironic because one would expect someone who dislikes social media to stay away from it instead of using it to make their point.
The final type of irony is dramatic irony which is when an audience knows a situation or information which the character is not aware of. In a real-life situation, it is applied when something happens and the person within the situation is unaware of the true reality.
For example, if a person were to say “I am so glad that I wasn’t involved in that accident”, only to be involved in a car accident moments later, it would be referred as dramatic irony.
use of irony
Comic irony: Irony is often used in literature to produce a comic effect. This can be combined with satire. For instance, an author may state something as a well-known fact and then demonstrate through the narrative that the fact is untrue. Great english authours of past has used irony to great length be it Pride adn Prejudice,William Shakespear or in Don Quixote,Socrates 2000 years ago.
Irony and awkwardness
The ’90s saw an expansion of irony from “saying what one doesn’t mean” into a “general stance of detachment from life in general” this detachment serving as a shield against the awkwardness of everyday life.
Millenials who grew up in the 90s, are seen as having this same sort of detachment from serious or awkward situations in life, as well. Hipsters are thought to use irony as a shield against those same serious or genuine confrontations
Irony and Ironic are they same ?
Ironic does not mean “funny”, “curious” or “interesting”, even though many people think it that way. The most basic element of irony is existence jof opposites like juxtaposition . It’s always about opposites. For example, if someone attempts to do something, but the exact opposite happens instead, that is ironic .She was always afraid of dentists, but then she married one. Isn’t that ironic?Yes it is an example of ironic
What is the meaning of irony in hindi
व्यंग्य, ताना, व्यंगोक्ति ,निन्दा, विडम्बना ,व्याजस्तुति
irony meaning in tamil
irony meaning in Telgu
irony meaning in marathi
विडंबन, लोखंडासारखाI Viḍambana , उपरोधिक बोलणे
irony meaning in malayalam
irony meaning in bengali
irony meaning in kannada
irony meaning in urdu
irony meaning in punjabi
Famous Quotes on irony of life in 2020
one irony of life is all people lie but no one wants to be lied
Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe
And it was strange, I thought, that sorrow lasts and can make a man look forward to death, but the mood of victory fills a moment and then is over”
― V S Naipaul
“If I had but the time and you had but the brain”
― Lewis Carroll
a tragic irony of life is that we so often achieve success or financial independence after the chief reason for which we sought it has passed away
the supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive
An educated woman is a worthless woman.”
― Confucius, The Teachings of Confucius
“God is funny, he always maintains the scarcity in life by giving something that you don’t have but then taking away something else that you had.”
― Rohit Dharupta, Third Button
“Sinners judging Sinners, for sinning differently !”
― Sui Ishida
“It is relatively easy to collect information than to collate for use.”
― Subhralin Thakuriatags:
“Lessons on truth are baseless if you fail to hear it and then complicate it with rules for those speak them.”
― Subhralin Thakuria
“Public memory was never short rather always selective.”
― Subhralin Thakuria
“Where does your soul go when you die in Hell?”
― Ursula K. Le Guin,
“Nobody believes in God like an atheist: “There is no God, and I am His prophet.”
“Hindsight is usually more tragic than helpful.” Linda S. Godfrey,
“monotony kills the heart. Ironically, monotony is what keeps the heart working.”― soumeet lanka
Life is too ironic to fully understand it. it takes sadness ot know what happiness is. Noise ot appreciate silence and absence to value presence.
Have not you picked up on the irony of life by now ? Things only just happen when you are not ready . When you are ready, you start trying, and gadamn ifeel like trying right now
why sunset is more colourful than sunrise?it is an irony of life saying sometimes ,good things happen in goodbyes
The simple is always the most complex. the irony of life
There is not enough time in life to worry about there being enough time in life
What is irony news in 2020 ?
Ironically it is intended to create ironical news or report about ironical news .Creating is far easier job than reporting an IRONY. First of all it is too much of stalking other channels . Secondly, it takes our traffic . Hence ,irony news is a creator of News ironies rather than reporter.
who we are ?
It has no we but only I as it is single person endeavour as on date. We are not stories but actual existence means there will be more ironies in the world with us or without us . So, we are just a minute part of IRONY.
Some of our articles published are under different heads are as below.
Irony in politics of india 2020 are as below
- Satire Donald Trump India Visit,not him
- satire:Trump Valentine gifts”deal of the century”
- Donald Trump on Valentine Day satire
- Trump wall stops Corona Virus from spreading
- Donald Trump latest hug is a masterpiece
- Satire:Pence vice president declares Trump lies as fake news
- Satire North Korean leader kim Jong eyes turn red
- Donald Trump Satire Wall to answer opposition
- Satire:Pence vice president declares Trump lies as fake news
- Donald Trump on Corona:Chinese modern art
- Donald Trump latest news is Trump loves hot
Funny political news articles in 2020 India
- Satire:Kejriwal gifts free Oyo rooms for Delhi results
- Funny news satire EVM refuse to produce current
- Pornography is a menace so is Dennis:Humour
- Satire:Rahul Gandhi on budget
- PM Modi on budget today-Historical budgets are the future
- Subramanian Swamy Corona cure connects Vedas
- Delhi Elections 2020 like IPL shifted to london
- Republic day song ‘Ek country thi diwani si’ funny bollywood news satire
Irony of indian sports 2020
- IPL 2020 RCB logo comedy finds solution for the trophy
- Kobe Bryant last game was not like eating Gobhi
- MS Dhoni retirement news is satire for BCCI humour
- A Super Over satire New Zealand is unable to digest
- T20 today match with Chronology
irony of social life in 2020
- funny satire: What weather like today
- Nasa in heavens as Christina Koch lands on earth:Humour
- Meghan Markle Prince Harry exit overshadows Brexit:Satire
irony of bollywood funny stories 2020
- Ranbir kapoor Alia Bhatt Marriage-Rishi prays
- Mahesh:HumourHumour:Ananya Panday gets Filmfare for Best struggler
- Watch JOJO RABBIT to check if you are jojo of your times
- Sunny Deol funny Bollywood satire on court verdict
- Satire:Bear Grylls Man Vs Wild Rajnikant funny fans
- Adnan Sami Song wins him Padma Bhushan
- Satire for Siddhartha Shukla twitter who is man of word
- Siddharth Shukla Twitter Trends confuses Bigg Boss